On the home front I got rid of a lot of old furniture as one usually does during a move. I started picking out things and then realized it needed to match a bit. What can I say, I am a guy and don’t always think about these things—although they are important. Thus, I took a bit of extra time to find somewhat matching furniture…
I purchased a bed and dresser from IKEA and assembled them last weekend. I also purchased four bookcases. Two for my office supplies (assembled yesterday) and two for my books (to be assembled this weekend). Two TV stands will be here in a few days. One for the living room and one for the master bedroom.
I finally got my garage in order and am currently working on organizing my office now that I have bookshelves! Oh, the things that delight us. Actually, it feels really good to stop living out of boxes…finally!!!
I have gone to some Tango events since I have been here and there is a thriving community here in Austin. Jorge Torres (a world class teacher) is teaching this weekend and I plan on taking some classes with him. I have taken lessons from him before and he is amazing.
Back to networking! In the past 10 days I have been to several Meetups and a couple of Georgetown Rotary Meetings.
The Meetups were the following:
- Welcome to Monday Morning in Cedar Park
- Start-up Grind Austin
- Northwest Austin Business Connections
- NBX Austin Professional Networking Group
All were excellent and I plan on attending them and more. I have already made some excellent contacts and look forward to strengthen them in the coming weeks.
I am looking for 6 key things when I go to networking events.
- Finding people who I want to do business with.
- Finding people who want to do business with me.
- Finding Groups that I resonate with and they resonate with me...and then join them.
- Building connections with the top 25-50 movers and shakers of the Austin businesses Meetup as well as online and offline marketing community.
- Finding strategic partnerships that I can develop over time.
- Joining or creating a Mastermind Group to move our businesses to the Next Level
For anyone interested, I will be writing a page about NexLevel Networking for this site in the near future!
For next week I will continue to organize the house. I am also checking out South by Southwest that is in Austin. I will continue my networking efforts.
More to come!